Who is David Fernandez? I have no clue. Well, I do have a clue, David, um Mr. Fernandez, nominated me for an award. So, let’s state this up front. David Fernandez is really awesome.
Actually, I have indeed read his blog, before he nominated me. His sports pieces are really good. I am not a big sports fan. (No snickering, it is just certain teams, certain sports.) I need to ask Mr. Fernandez if I can feature him properly in April’s Following post for his blog DLF writing. He also writes fiction.
What is this award? The Versatile Blogger Award. I checked it out and looked it up. It comes from a blog by the same name, The Versatile Blogger Award. There are rules to this award.
Nomination means that you are awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who nominated you. Manners!
- Link to their blog. (hint on most blog sites you can highlight their name, hit the link tool and copy paste their link into your blog)
- You need 15 blogs/bloggers that are excellent in your opinion. (Um, Mr. Fernandez, I think I must have been the bottom of the barrel. Hey! I was in the barrel!)
- Nominate the 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award, I highly recommend you link back to the VBA website. It would be a continuation of those good manners. Thank you VBA by the way.
- Here is the biggie, the worst part of this. You have to share 7 things about your self. Ah, what a difficult thing to do!
Ok, let’s see how I am doing. I have 1 and 2 completed.
Nominate 15 bloggers. Well I am doing a ‘Following Friday’. So nominating the first 9 of that series. The last Friday of the month post is about the blogs/blogger and why I follow them. So, obviously that is where I will start. Now, let’s hope that they will still let me feature them. (fingers crossed).
Rule 3 and 4 are complete, in a way. Fifteen is a lot to list in one place. If you are like me, after the first few you might forget to come back and check the link list. So It is pared down to what I thought might be a number anyone would check out.
Rule 5 asks for 7 things about me. So here goes.
1. I didn’t exactly follow the rules to the letter.
2. I am a harsher critic of myself, I wouldn’t have nominated me. So thanks again Mr. Fernandez.
3. I love to write. (too obvious?)
4. I love music, especially the sound of laughter. My own cracks me up.
5. I adore my wheel hub. (That is husband to those who haven’t picked up on that)
6. I have the most awesome kids. I am very proud of them. I don’t know who thought it was a good idea to give them to me to raise, but THANK YOU!!! (Their guardian angels must have been on a break, or maybe God does have an offbeat sense of humor. TY- JMJ)
7. The best grandkids ever? I have them. Sure, other gp’s may think they do. They don’t. Shh, don’t spoil their delight. For the record. mine are THE best.
There I fulfilled, sort of, the rules and accept this award. Thank goodness I didn’t have to get up and make a speech in front of any one. That would have been number 8, Stage fright – horrible bad stage fright.